Friday, August 12, 2011

Why you don't steal from a hacker.


So during the London riots I return home the next morning to find my flat ransacked and my Macbook Pro laptop stolen!

Police showed up, took a report and dusted for prints, performed typical forensics... One thing they did not expect was that I had installed the amazing open source tracking software from http://preyproject.com

Once I flagged my laptop as missing within Prey, I waited eagerly for the first report to come in. I was concerned he wouldn't be able to get past the login password but he was clever enough to add a new account: Here is how to create a new admin account on a Mac

Almost two weary days had gone by and I'm at dinner on a business trip in Luxembourg and I received an email which nearly knocked me out of my chair with excitement.


More @ bit.ly/mRTBXI

No comments:

Post a Comment